Saturday, May 30, 2009

One Night in Kingston...

Last Friday night I got a text on my phone asking if I was interested in a ticket to the Hip Concert in Kingston on the Saturday. I am a fairly big fan and so how could I say no?

I packed my bags and headed down the road to Kingston to meet up with some friends. It was an amazing concert followed by an even more amazing after party featuring the Trews and an 80's cover band called 80's Enuff (which by the way, were fantastic).


The Hip doing what they do best.


The next morning we had a great greasy breakfast at Morrison's Restaurant (those who have been to Kingston will I'm sure be familiar with this establishment). Before I knew it, I was back on the road to Ottawa. I decided to the 1000 Islands Parkway and was able to capture some very nice photos (it was a beautiful sunny day). This road always reminds me of when I was a kid and travelled with my parents to visit our extended family.


View of the St. Lawrence River (I was trying to drive and take photos but soon realized this was dangerous and pulled over).

Chimney Island in the middle of the St. Lawrence. When I was small I would always look for the island. There is a story as to why the chimney is there, but unfortunately I can't remember.


Cheers,

T.

2 comments:

Rick Coates said...

Aaahh Yes!! Breakfast at Morrisons. Mom and I always enjoyed that when we were in Kingston and/or visiting. LD

Anonymous said...

ONE NIGHT IN KINGSTON IS THE BEST BLOG EVER. ALTHOUGH I AM BIAS.