Sunday, May 31, 2009

Internship Update

I really cannot believe that I'm already three weeks into my first placement. That means that I've only got one week left here!

Things have been going well. Last Monday I finally got security clearance and my pass so I've been able to come and go without having to inconvenience my preceptor with having to sign me in and out.

The module I've been working on has now become two. In presenting what I'd completed on Tuesday, both my preceptor and I could see that there was just too much material for it to work in one presentation. We decided that the best thing would be to divide the topics (emotional eating and then eating out and alcohol) into two separate presentations. I'm glad we decided to go this route.

This week is going to be action packed. In addition to trying to tie up loose ends with the presentations, we have planned a trip to Kingston to watch another presentation and get a bit of a tour of the base. Friday is CF Day and a run/walk is taking place. Much of our office is taking part and I'll be there too!

Cheers,

T.

PS: As you can see I'm almost up to date on my posting. I just got back from an amazing weekend of fun with an old friend. I will post on this shortly.

1 comment:

Rick Coates said...

I love the headline picture for your Oasis of Sanity Blog. Oviously another well located picture from the Thousand Island Parkway. The yellow tulips were also great (my favourite colour :-).