Sunday, June 6, 2010

I DID IT!!!

After 12 months of stress, long days, moments where I wanted to throw in the towel and yes, even a few tears, I made it through internship! School is done and I've got my temporary licence to practice. Save for those who have actually gone through the same process, I really don't think the general public appreciate how thrilling it was for me to write the letters RD behind my name for the first time!

Perhaps it is somewhat fitting that I have returned to the place where I started my internship to begin my professional life. If you look back to the entries from May of last year, you will have a change to see how I viewed Ottawa through the eyes of an intern. It is most definitely those experiences which lead to my deciding to seek work in this city.

Having been here just over three weeks now, I wanted to find a way to keep friends and family updated on how things are going. The idea of resurrecting this blog came to me a few days ago and I've finally had a chance to get things rolling.

So welcome back to those who followed this last year! I'm hoping to update as time permits. Since I've been here I've already done so much - been to Montreal, watched the Ottawa Marathon, explored the city and attended Doors Open. I've got lots of stories and some photos too so, stay tuned!

Cheers,

T.

1 comment:

Rick Coates said...

Glad to see you are back blogging. Sept 09 to June 10 was a big gap. I will be following with much interest. LD